Welp, it wouldn't be a DFC update without at least something going wrong, haha. Turns out that the new calculations for battle rewards was pretty jank, so another patch was pretty much required. If you're wondering why v2.7.1 was giving you a message that a "new update" was out, it was because I had no choice but to close the game for a bit while I fixed it!
But, as you all probably know by now, I don't like releasing a patch that doesn't add anything at all. So, even though this is just meant to be a small patch to fix the rewards bug, I have added something new - overworld dodging!
This has been something I wanted to add into the game for a while now, since the previous dodging system wasn't very fun. Before this patch, there were a few rooms in the game that had obstacles which would completely halt the pacing of the game if you touched them, as they would send you into a short attack segment. Now, these rooms have been reworked, and even had some new stuff added, to make these sections much more enjoyable.
Anyway, thanks for your patience in waiting for this patch. Hopefully we're now at the end of the 2.7 series of updates, and we can get to work on 2.8!
DF CONNECTED v2.7.2b Changelog:
Well, it wouldn't be a quick patch for DFC if another quick patch wasn't required immediately after! I'm preeeetty sure this is the last one (I hope so anyway, I'm tired)!
Unfortunately, unlike most "b" patches, this one is a mandatory download, as the new EXP/GOLD calculations could output decimals, my bad. It should be resolved now.
Here's the changelog:
- Changed the layout of the new snowball room in Snowdin a bit.
- Made it so corruption battles now deal the correct amount of damage (around 1/4 of your max HP).
- Increased the hitbox for the orange lasers in the CORE.
- Getting XP in FFA now automatically refills your weapon ammo.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to gain decimals in EXP/GOLD gain from gold and diamond enemies.
- Fixed a minor visual glitch where some white lines would appear where they shouldn't.
- Fixed a bug where using an item in a multi-enemy encounter before interacting with an enemy would cause them to skip their turn.
- Fixed a bug where you could move for a few frames after getting an EN BOOST.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't shoot in FFA.
- Fixed some dialogue errors.
DF CONNECTED v2.7.2 Changelog:
- Added new Deltarune-style DODGING SEGMENTS. Now, when you get hit by an overworld obstacle, you immediately receive damage instead of getting dragged into a time-consuming attack segment.
- Redesigned the reward calculation system for gold and diamond enemies. Encountering a gold enemy now increases the total rewards gained by +50%, while diamond enemies now increase it by +200%. For example, if you encounter a gold AND diamond enemy in a single battle, you'll get +250% more EXP and G than you would have otherwise. This sounds like a lot still, but is actually a lot lower than it used to be! Hopefully this helps balance the game a bit more.
- Made it so the TP you gain from hitting an opponent in PvP is now 5 instead of 10.
- Made it so you no longer gain TP from hitting an opponent in PvP if you also used a spell that same turn.
- Made it so daily quests that are only possible on the PC version are no longer included in the daily quest generation for mobile.
- Nerfed the CHARM skill, so that the maximum is now 50% reward bonus rather than 75% reward bonus.
- Fixed a bug in Offline Mode where changing your soul color would crash the game.
- Fixed a bug that caused PvP players to crash when dealing the killing blow.
- Fixed a bug that was caused by EN BOOST autosaving the game.
- Fixed some dialogue errors.
Welp, that's it for now! Thanks again for supporting the game, and as always, stay determined!