Seems like another patch was necessary after all! Hopefully this actually is the last one for a while lol.
When I started working on this patch a few days ago, it was originally just to fix one bug, which was that daily quests weren't refreshing in 2.7.2b, but you know me, if I start working on a new patch, I can't help but keep adding onto it!
But before we get into the changelogs, be sure to check out the previous big devlog, which talks about some big news regarding the future of the game.
With that said, here's v2.7.3! I hope you enjoy the new changes!
DF CONNECTED v2.7.3c Changelog:
THIS IS IT!! I MEAN IT THIS TIME!!! FOR REAL!!!! THIS REALLY IS THE LAST ONE, YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME-
Like with v2.7.3b, this patch isn't mandatory to download, but I do highly recommend getting it, as it fixes an issue with sparing during multi-enemy encounters, plus some other minor tweaks for a more stable experience.
Here's the changelog for this patch:
- Made it so the snowball fight room in Snowdin now has snow falling like in the other rooms.
- Made it so the snowmen in the snowball fight room now start throwing snowballs sooner.
- Fixed a bug where using the SPARE option in a multi-encounter when not everyone was spared would crash the game.
- Fixed a bug where the text in the GACHAPOG menu wouldn't update properly.
- Fixed a bug where mobile users couldn't search for user profiles on Undernet.
- Fixed a visual error with the rainbow soul where if your soul trait changes mid-battle, the color would be wrong.
DF CONNECTED v2.7.3b Changelog:
Okay, okay, okay... this is the last patch FOR REAL this time! I mean it!!! It really is!!!!!
This patch isn't mandatory to download, but if you want to ensure you have the most stable version of the game, I recommend getting it.
Here's the changelog for this patch:
- Added a new save point in the Lost World Gold Grind room.
- Made it so the old Ink!Sans costume now uses the correct font and sound in local chat.
- It is now possible to convert 10 Undercoins back into G at once, rather than just one at a time. Just press [C/CTRL] on the option instead of [Z/ENTER] in DarknerNet.
- Fixed a bug where getting certain bosses to 100% mercy might not always make them spareable.
- Fixed a bug where using the [D] key to toggle your pose could get your stuck during an overworld dodging section.
- Fixed a bug where the text at the bottom of the GACHAPOG menu wouldn't update after getting 20+ of every pog.
- Fixed some minor visual errors.
- Fixed some collision errors.
DF CONNECTED v2.7.3 Changelog:
- Added a new LOST WORLD GOLD GRIND ROOM. There is now a new Gold Grind room within Lost World 2, which you're able to unlock after beating all of the Lost World bosses. Enemies from all three Lost Worlds can be found in there, making the grind for elusive diamond variants a bit easier.
- Added a new RAINBOW SOUL. For the truly dedicated out there, if you obtain the maximum of 999 for each pog, you will unlock the option to use a rainbow soul. You'll be able to show it off in PvP battles and with the SOUL badge!
- Added a new TOUCHSCREEN JOYSTICK for the mobile version, which replaces the old D-pad. You can still change back to the D-pad in the Config menu.
- Added a new gachapog machine in MTT Hotel that dispenses 25 pogs at once.
- Added the ability to skip text. While a dialogue box is open, hold down [C] or [CTRL] to rapidly skip through the text.
- Redesigned some rooms in Hotland to make them easier to traverse.
- Leftover EN at the end of a battle now converts into extra GOLD, with the amount you receive depending on your progression (LV or spares).
- Increased the maximum effectiveness of P-ACTION C to 30%, a slight increase from 25%.
- When you die during an overworld dodging section, you now respawn with 1 HP rather than full HP, to make it a little less easy.
- Moved one of Starwalker's stars that previously spawned in the True Lab to another location in Hotland.
- Made it so attacking a corruption now only gives up to 5 EN rather than 10 EN, as it made them too easy before.
- Made the hitbox for blue lasers in the CORE a bit bigger.
- It is now possible to find up to five pogs in a single pog hole, rather than just one. After you get 99 of each pog, this increases up to ten per hole.
- Froglitch and Glitchsun now briefly appear more distorted upon getting attacked.
- Lowered the maximum for the "Win a PvP Match" daily quest from 10 to 5.
- The effect of an enemy's emotion (higher ATK, higher DEF, longer attacks, etc) now goes away after their emotion returns to neutral upon reaching 100% mercy.
- The text on the GACHAPOG menu will now update depending on your progress towards collecting pogs.
- The transition into a battle is now a bit faster if you're above LV 20 or have 2000 or more spares.
- Improved the overworld sprites for Racer!Flowey to give him a bit more animation.
- Improved the overworld sprites for the Annoying Dog to better match the version seen in Deltarune Chapter 2.
- There is now a screen at the start of the game that informs the player that the game is still in early access, and what to expect in the future.
- Fixed a bug where daily quests weren't refreshing.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to use global chat while in an overworld dodging section.
- Fixed a bug where the mobile keyboard could appear while in an overworld dodging section.
- Fixed a bug where the player could get softlocked if they quickly started posing before entering an overworld dodging section.
- Fixed a bug where the player could get softlocked if they quickly opened the C Menu before entering an overworld dodging section.
- Fixed a bug where P-Action's effect would also be doubled when ACTing on a befriended enemy (this wasn't intentional).
- Fixed a bug where mobile players couldn't export their online save files into offline save files.
- Fixed a bug where mobile players couldn't search on Undernet.
- Fixed a bug where resetting a file that was originally a copy would still be considered a copy.
- Fixed a bug where older save files would display "-6/6" runes, they will now display the correct amount of "0/6".
- Fixed a bug in Offline Mode co-op where changing player 2's vessel would freeze both players.
- Fixed a bug where the player could get stuck on a black screen when they died during a battle.
- Fixed a bug on mobile where there wasn't a limit to how much you could type for local chat, global chat, or your Undernet status.
- Fixed a bug where Mandarina wouldn't display the correct sprites during her fight.
- Fixed a visual error where some white lines were appearing in Snowdin's Gold Grind room.
- Fixed a visual error where Froglitch and Glitchsun didn't fade away when killed.
- Fixed a visual error where MissingNo would not appear to be the right color when they were gold or diamond.
- Fixed a visual error where Glitchsun's dust would appear off the ground in a double-encounter with Froglitch.
- Fixed a visual error in the mobile version where being in Lost World 3 would create a jumbled mess of graphics on the sides of the screen.
- Fixed a visual error where the Rock's sprite in the C Menu would appear to have a gap in it.
- Fixed a visual error in Grand Theft Harlow where the HUD when inside a car would overlap other menu elements.
- Fixed a dialogue error with Mandarina where their "SPECIAL ATTACK" text wasn't displaying right.
- Fixed an oversight where the bestiary trophy didn't include the new Jigsawry enemy.
A bit of info for Mobile Players:
By the way, I've noticed recently that I've been getting a lot of comments and shouts from you guys saying that mobile users aren't able to see the downloads for the game.
As it turns out, GameJolt recently made a change to the mobile version of their website, which seems to completely hide the downloads of games while browsing on mobile. This is a bit of an odd choice, since many games on this site have downloadable APK versions, but sure.
To address this change, there is now an alternative download link for mobile players to use. You can find it on the main page in the description, just scroll down a tiny bit.
Hope that helps!
Well, that's all for now! I'll continue to listen out for reports on any potential issues in case yet another patch is needed, but I'm really hoping this is the last one this time, since we're actually getting started on content for 3.0 already, so we're eager to dive further into it!
See you next time! As always, stay determined!